To create an attractive landscape, a landscaper needs must have working knowledge about each tool in his arsenal. Additionally, for a successful landscaping project to take place, it requires perfect coordination and use of sound equipment. Final grade in Edmonton, Alberta is an art, and any successful artist must have the right tools.
Although, not all landscapers handle the same tool-set when landscaping, the crew over at Final Grade Edmonton shared some of the most utilized tools of basic garden preparation. The tools are divided into categories such as power equipment, hand tools and extensive equipment for companies.
Includes equipment mostly used physically through hands.
1. Small spade: Best used for digging weeds in places out of reach, annual hole digging and cautious digging around small plants.
2. Large spades: Often used for drilling holes where large and medium size crops would be planted. Landscapers use the shovel to shift top soil on top of garden beds.
3. Pruning tools: Most landscapers use this tool for cutting out small branches out of bushes and shrubs to create an excellent shape and maintain healthiness.
4. Prong cultivators: Landscapers use the tool to break soil clumps. Additionally, the tool is also used to remove weeds and small rocks from gardens.
5. Sprayers: Used to spray insecticides and clean water into the backyard.
6. Leaf rake: Landscapers use the leaf rake to remove dry and fallen twigs and leaves.
7. Garden rake: Used to even out soil and rake flowerbeds. Great for smoothing out your final grade.
1. Tiller: Landscapers use gas tillers to break the soil and prepare flower beds.
2. Chainsaw: Used for the trimming of large trees. Gas powered chainsaw are most preferable.
3. Weed whacker: Used to cut out the grass in areas unreachable by the mower. Gas powered weed whackers are most preferred.
4. Leaf blower: Used to blow out grass and leaves from a customer’s yard.
5. Utility trailer: Landscapers need utility trailers to carry the equipment from one place to another.
6. Snow blower: Landscapers use the equipment for snow removal in cold areas.
1. Crane truck: Used to move transplanted large trees from one place to another. Hand or pickups can not move the transplanted trees.
2. Flatbed truck: Landscapers use the vehicles to carry out extensive operations such as moving bulldozers of fully grown trees. Flatbed trucks are often used to facilitate transportation of heavy machinery for use by the landscapers.
3. Bulldozer: Often used by landscapers when dealing with large landscaping contracts. The bulldozers are used to move earth from one place to another. In other words, they are used to shape the land, like in the final grade stage.
4. Ditch witch: Landscapers use the ditch witch to dig large and deep trenches for the use of installation of pipes and wires underground. In most cases, the ditch witch is expensive, so they are continuously used for hire by most landscaping companies.
5. Skid Steer: Also called Bobcats. The skid steers are used to move a large amount of dirt and gravel from one place to another. In most cases, the machine is used when bulldozers are too large for the job.
6. Backhoe: Used to dig big holes.
Final Grade in Edmonton, Alberta understands that each tool has its application purpose. They want to remind you not to become overwhelmed, and often these tools can be rented. If you prefer to not go the do-it-yourself route and be forced to purchase or rent final grading equipment, Final Grade Edmonton located in Alberta Canada is an excellent company with proven results.